Family Tree Maker for Mac
I received this press release from Ancestry.com.....
ANCESTRY.COM UNVEILS NEW FAMILY TREE MAKER FOR MAC
#1-Selling Family History Software Now Available in Mac Version
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., November 4, 2010 – Ancestry.com today announced the launch of Family Tree Maker® for Mac, the new Mac version of the world’s No.-1 selling family history software. Family Tree Maker for Mac provides an easy way to save and organize your family tree conveniently on your Mac computer and has a variety of tools that can help you share your discoveries with family and friends.
“Family Tree Maker for Mac has been a long-requested feature from our customers. We are committed to delivering the same powerful experience on the Mac that millions of Family Tree Maker customers have been enjoying for the past 20 years,” said Eric Shoup, Senior Vice President of Product for Ancestry.com. “We couldn’t be happier to provide yet another way for our members to interact with Ancestry.com and discover, preserve and share their family history.”
Family Tree Maker for Mac combines intuitive tools with robust features and flexible options, making it ideal for family history novices and experts alike. A dynamic user interface and integration with Ancestry.com makes it simple to create family trees, record memories, and organize photos, videos and audio clips, plus share ancestors’ stories. It’s even possible to explore family migration paths by viewing timelines and interactive maps that highlight events and places in ancestors' lives.
The first step is to start a family tree by entering and organizing family history information. From there, a myriad of features help you bring your family history to life:
· Grow your family tree – Search Ancestry.com directly from Family Tree Maker and seamlessly merge historical records and important information you find into your tree. Family Tree Maker for Mac comes with either a free trial or subscription to Ancestry.com.
· Organize photos and documents in one location – Add photos, documents, audio, video and other media files to the people in your tree to help make their stories even more fascinating.
· Create family books, charts and reports – Publish beautiful keepsakes and books to share with friends and family.
· Craft slideshows – Create slideshows from photos in your tree.
· Cite the right information – Standard source templates make it easy.
· Explore family migration paths – View timelines and interactive maps, highlighting events and places in your ancestors' lives.
· Track information – Powerful sourcing tools let you document and rate each citation.
Family Tree Maker for Mac is now available for purchase online at http://www.familytreemaker.com starting at $69.99. The program is also available in select retail stores, including Apple Stores, Amazon, Office Depot, and Office Max.
System requirements for Family Tree Maker for Mac include:
· Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
· Intel-based Mac
· Hard Disk Space: 500MB for installation
· Internet access is required for all Web integration
Family Tree Maker for Mac is built on the functionality of Family Tree Maker 2010, the PC-version of the software, and is constructed from the bottom up to take full advantage of the Mac platform in terms of technology and user experience.
Early this year, Ancestry.com expanded to another Apple® platform: the iPhone®. With the launch of its Tree To Go iPhone application in January 2010, Ancestry.com now gives users access to generations of family history at every turn. From their iPhone, users can easily upload photos, update sources and edit trees. The Tree To Go iPhone application is available for iPhone and iPod touch® for free through the iPhone App Store or iTunes®.
Ancestry.com Inc. (Nasdaq: ACOM) is the world's largest online family history resource, with nearly 1.4 million paying subscribers. More than 6 billion records have been added to the site in the past 14 years. Ancestry users have created more than 20 million family trees containing over 2 billion profiles. Ancestry.com has local Web sites directed at nine countries that help people discover, preserve and share their family history, including its flagship Web site at www.ancestry.com.
End of Press Release.
Thanks for stopping by!
Wishing you success in all of your genealogical treasure hunts!
Copyright © 2010 Cheryl Palmer
Post a Comment