What I do
Thomas McEntee started a new meme and has asked us GeneaBloggers to post:
A list showing what you use in terms of technology to either run your genealogy business or pursue your family history as a hobby.
Thomas asks and states: "Why is this important? Very often – especially if you work at home like me – we operate in a vacuum. We have no idea what other people are using unless they mention it in an email or a blog post. Or we have to ask for a recommendation."
Thomas has a great idea here and I have chosen to participate, so here is my list!
* Hardware: Sony Vaio, Windows 7 ~ 17 in screen, HP laptop with XP
* External storage: Seagate portable hard drive
* Online storage: Picassa
* Backup: CD's, Carbonite, Seagate
* Firewall: Kapersky
* Virus protection: Kapersky
* Spyware: Kapersky
* File cleaner: none
* Printer: HP 3750 All in One Printer
* Phone: Blackberry
* Mobile media: my phone
* Music player: Ipod
* Car audio: radio, CD player
* eBook Reader: none, prefer real books
* Browser: Google Chrome, Mozilla
* Blog: Blogger
* RSS: Google Reader
* Text editor: Microsoft Word 2003
* Graphics: Adobe Elements Photoshop/Picassa
* Screen capture: Print Screen and paste
* Social media: Facebook, Twitter via TweetDeck, Linkedin, Genealogy Wise
* Social bookmarking: none
* Social profile: A little bit here and there.
* URL shortener: only what TweetDeck uses
* Office suite: Microsoft Office
* E-mail: Gmail, Yahoo, Comcast
* Calendar: Use a regular wall calender so hubby can see what I have going on.
* Accounting: Do not do this online anymore
* PDF generator: Adobe Acrobat
* Genealogy database: Family Tree 09, Roots Magic and about to try Legacy
* Genealogy tools: Ancestry, Library online, free online genealogy sites, tape recorder, jump drives, etc.
* Other tech stuff: Nikon D60 Digital Camera, Looking forward to trying AniMap from Legacy
Thanks for stopping by!
Wishing you success in all of your genealogical treasure hunts!
Copyright © 2010 By Cheryl Palmer