2. Content: I am responsible for the content of this site, not including visitor comments or the content of individual contributors. Other than visitor comments and specifically stated guest contributions, my HeritageHappens reflects the personal views and opinions of Cheryl Palmer.
3. Credit: I make every effort to give proper credit to any sources of content or information in this blog. If you feel you or another source lacks credit, please contact my Heritage Happens. No one likes a plagiarist.
4. Accuracy and Validity: Believe it or not, people make mistakes from time to time and I try to make facts and information as accurate as possible. In addition, my Heritage Happens is a work in progress. The world is an ever-changing place, which means that content can become outdated quickly. While I hope to avoid having outdated material on this site, I can’t guarantee that everything is timely, so don’t rely on the timeliness or accuracy of the information at my Heritage Happens.
5. Images: Any image which is not otherwise attributed to another source, is presumed to be owned by Cheryl Palmer. If you wish to use the image, please ask permission. And ask nicely.
6. Comments: I am not responsible for any comments made by contributors in the Comments section. However I will exercise my right to moderate and edit comments which are deemed to be offensive, childish or just plain dumb as a box of hair.
7. Liability: As a reader, you will not hold me liable for libel (say that three times fast) or defamation in the content of my Heritage Happens. In addition, there is no intention to do harm by hosting content at my HeritageHappens. The content at my Heritage Happens is not to be taken as fact nor absolute. If people use the information and somehow are injured, I am not to be held responsible. The sites that my Heritage Happens links to via hyperlinks are not under my control. Those sites are responsible for the content of those sites. The sun, the moon and the rotation of the Earth are not under my control either. I'm working on it, but don’t hold your breath, and don’t try to make me responsible for other sites, bad weather, global warming or any malady that befalls you.
So there it is. I've done the disclaimer thing. Aren’t you glad we got that out of the way? Now back to the business of blogging about genealogy and family history.
* Inspiration for this disclaimer provided byValorem Law Group via Thomas MacEntee, with permission.
my Heritage Happensrespects your privacy. Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of my Heritage Happens.
Credit Card Details: my Heritage Happens will never ask for Credit Card details and request that you do not enter it on any of the forms on my Heritage Happens.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet : While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to my Heritage Happens and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through my Heritage Happens have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions.
Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
For any other information email my Heritage Happens.