"NEHGS Comes West" and I Was There! Post #2
If you missed Post #1 of this series, you can catch up HERE.
The seminar opened at 8:30 for Registration, Book Sales, Silent Auction and a Continental Breakfast which was then followed with a welcome message.
The event hosted eight classes that day. We were able to choose four to attend. Two classes were presented simultaneously during each session, which meant we were able to see four total sessions for the day.
The speakers were Rhonda McClure and David Lambert, each lecturing four classes.
Rhonda McClure’s classes were ~
1. Unique Resources In New York State Research
2. Researching New York City Ancestors
3. The Golden Door Has Locks Tracing Immigrant Ancestors
4. I Can’t Find It: Understanding Online Search Limitations (covering Ancestry.com, FamilySearch and others)
David Lambert’s classes were ~
1. Beyond The Grave: Looking Past Your Ancestors Death Records
2. New Resources on AmericanAncestors.org for New England Research
3. Getting The Most Out of New England Vital Records Online, In Print and On Film
4. Researching New England Military Records
At the end of the second class, at noon, we were given a wonderful lunch, chicken, pasta, salad, veggies and rolls. There was more time for book sales and the Silent Auction.
After lunch we attended our last two classes. To end the day there was No Host Reception, which was followed by dinner with a presentation by Brenton Simons, Red Alert! Save Your Family History Now! The reception and dinner were held nearby at “McCormick & Schmick’s – Spenger’s Fresh Food Grotto” right there in Berkeley.
Thanks for stopping by!
Wishing you success in all of your genealogical treasure hunts!
Copyright © 2012 By Cheryl Palmer All Rights Reserved