My husband says I do not know how to say "no" to anyone. I have a friend who has harped this to me also. I know they are both correct. The past week I have been trying to visualize what I can eliminate in my life, and right now I do not see an option. My husband says I love being like this and thrive on it.
I think my "thrive" is diminishing fast actually. I am looking forward to Jamboree and vacation if for no other reason than to rejuvenate myself to get through the rest of the year.
Don't get me wrong. I love everything I do. I just want to do it all... and NOW!
So what am I doing?
- I am VP/Programs for my local society.
- I am a 1940 census index administrator.
- I have being working on indexing as much as I can when I can. (I love it! I find it very relaxing.)
- I am taking classes with the National Institute of Genealogy Studies. (I am behind-and needed to spread my classes out considerably. I am still in the "Basic" section, but only have 3 more classes after this one to complete this section.)
- I am in a SIG-"Writing Group" with my local society. It meets once a month and helps me to get some of my stories and information written down.
- I joined a book club. The book this month is "In the Territory of Lies."
- I have two blogs, neither getting much attention. I had a third but have completely given it up, yes I know, most of you were totally unaware of that one!
- Listen to Webinars, Podcasts, and Blog Talk Radio when I can. I can't listen live much anymore but I do try to catch those that really interest me.
- A month or so ago I finally purchased Amy Coffin's Big Genealogy Blog Book, I know better late than never. I just went went and turned on my Nook to actually make sure it was there as I hadn't even checked to make sure it was. NICE, it is there! Will be reading this too.
- I care for my two grandchildren, 5 and 3 years old, at least two days a week.
- I support, attend and sometimes transport the grandchildren to their activities, practices, games and performances with soccer, baseball, and dance, etc.
- I support my daughters yoga classes she teaches, at least twice a week, one of them being 45 minutes to another town.
- I take or attend my grandson's field trips with his school. In a couple of days we are going on "The Great Train Ride." Next month it is to the Jelly Belly Factory, although I am not sure we will make that one as we will all be away for a wedding.
- I help my daughter with getting the kids pictures taken, her yoga website, shopping, cooking and planning for all the weddings she has been in and planned parties for. In the last couple years or so, there have been at least three weddings she has been maid of honor for. Bridal showers, bachelorette parties, they have sure gotten expensive and expansive...I am amazed at how she affords all of this.
- Play golf, fish, or whatever it takes once in awhile to spend some time with the hubby.
- Plus all the normal holidays, birthdays, weddings, showers, funerals, vacations, special events, etc. that comes in everyones lives.
- I work approximately 4 hours a week at the local yoga studio, front desk.
- My Home Doggie Care ~ I started helping someone out and enjoyed it. Because our dog is old and we don't want another pet of our own at this time, I find I enjoy helping other people out and giving the dogs a place to go on vacation also! This way I can have them when I am home and not worry about care for my own dog if we go away. It also gives me a little spending money. Here I need to decide how busy I want to be though and if I really want a full fledged business or not, word of mouth has really gotten around!
- I won't get into all the crafts I do, and especially since I don't have a lot of time for them anyway. Let's just say I have ventured into a new craft, jewelry making. It has moved from jewelry making to mostly beading. I have been learning bead embroidery stitches, and have made some bracelets and things for gifts and as learning projects. Really enjoying building supplies for this new hobby and attending bead stores and shows.
- Photos - I take lots of them. Some of the grandchildren, the events I attend and the dogs who vacation with us. I usually need to share my photos with others, so this is another project to keep in order. I enjoy making photo books and books from this blog. Another project I want to complete is a book of our Mediterranean Cruise. I have tons of photos and would like to choose the best from each country and highlight them in a book of our trip.
- Of course, I TRY to stay caught up with all of the social media too.
I have two separate calendars and a dry erase board to help me keep track of my every day events. I also depend on my daughter and husband to fill me in where I forget things. For a retired person, I think I am doing something wrong. I didn't know I would be so busy. I did know I didn't have time to work, but I didn't know how expansive my desires were. I love everything I am doing. It just means I will blog when I can. I would like to share some pictures of the projects I have been making here and there, so maybe you will see a few of those in the near future.
Gee, where are my daughter and husband? I know I have forgotten something else I do....
Writing this blog post has been interesting as I have now realized there are a few things I apparently and unintentionally have given up...these quickly come to mind....
- I have realized I haven't been reading anyone else's blogs...it has been probably 6-8 weeks or so since I have even opened Google Reader.
- I also just realized I haven't been on Twitter hardly at all.
- I think I have forgotten what Google plus even is...
Really have to work on these priorities....I miss reading others blog posts....
Cleaning, shopping and cooking???? My poor husband, he doesn't know what happened to his household! I had better sign off before I think of anything else. Need to go give the grandkids a bath. :-)
What are your priorities?
Thanks for stopping by!
Wishing you success in all of your genealogical treasure hunts!
Copyright © 2012 By Cheryl Palmer All Rights Reserved