This week Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings posts this for Satuday Night Fun:
1) Read Brenda Joyce Jerome's post Who or What Do You Blame? on the Western Kentucky Genealogy blog. She asks these questions:
* Can you identify person or event that started you on this search for family information?
* Did you pick up researching where a relative had left off?
* Did your interest stem from your child's school project on genealogy?
* If you have been researching many years, it may be hard to pinpoint one reason for this journey.
2) Write your responses on your own blog, in a comment to this blog post, or in a note or comment on Facebook.
I have been reading and enjoying some of the articles the GeneaBloggers have posted. While doing this I remembered I actually did a post of my "Beginnings in Genealogy."
The person who is to blame in my case is Judy B. She was a co-worker who introduced me to Ancestry.com. I did not have genealogy of any sort handed down to me, nor did this hobby stem from any kind of school project. It started out of boredom! (Gee, I have been trying to think of the last time I was bored, this must be it ~ January of 2002!) My almost immediate discovery of family members on the web and my mother's passing a year prior both added to the initial interest of this very addicting hobby!
My third post on this blog dated Aug. 27, 2008 tells how I became hooked on genealogy, "My First Discovery".
Thanks for stopping by!
Wishing you success in all of your genealogical treasure hunts!
Copyright © 2010 By Cheryl Palmer