Debating whether or not to start a blog has weighed heavily on my mind for some time. Should I or shouldn't I delve into this new adventure? After following so many WONDERFUL blogs for several months I am not sure how I would fit into this new atmosphere, but the desire is there. I made a list of pros and cons to try to help me make a decision about this.
1. I enjoy writing, especially whatever may be on my feeble mind (although I am not a prolific writer)
2. An arena to organize my thoughts; a so called journal of my activities, research, stories and thoughts
3. A venue to voice my questions, comments and concerns
4. A setting to share my research
3. Computer issues
4. Writing skills, not experienced
5. Program problems
1. Learn, grow and advance my knowledge and skills
2. Practice writing skills, practice makes perfect! Well, maybe not perfect, but I have to start somewhere, right?
3. Obtain feedback and answers in my pursuits
4. Help me to focus and accomplish more with my genealogy
5. Communicate with the online genealogical community
Time and commitment are major concerns for me yet I haven't found any rules that state you must post to your blog everyday as many other diligent bloggers do. Computer and or program issues will have to be dealt with as they come up, if need be I will solicit help to fix any issues. I also have not seen it stated anywhere that a blogger has to be say, a "Gold Medal" writer (had to throw that in as the 2008 Summer Olympics closed last night) in order to have a blog.
In conclusion, I have found there are more combined benefits than negatives, so I am officially announcing the beginning of my blog, "Heritage Happens". Wish me luck!
Thanks for stopping by!
Wishing you success in all your genealogical treasure hunts!